torsdag den 7. juni 2012

Sorel event - winter preperation

 The famous polar bear
 The classic Caribou style
 How about a high heel wellington boot?!
 Joan of Arctic boots
 One of my favourites - black & gold
 With ostrich leather details on the base
My other favourites - with pony hair!

 Something for the guys...
 ...and the kids. How cute are they?!
Fall 2012 - very nice!

I dag var jeg forbi og se Sorels (yes vinterstøvler i juni) AW12 kollektion. 
Jeg har selv et par af de helt klassiske Caribou støvler, I ved de beige farvede med lammeuld der stikker ud. Jeg tror jeg har haft dem 7 eller 8 år, og de er måske en af de bedste investeringer nogensinde. De har travet diverse storbyer tynde, og de har som de eneste vinterstøvler kunne holde mine tæer varme. 
Anyway det var ret fedt at se at der var meget mere til Sorel end Caribou støvlerne, og at de i den grad også arbejder på at de forskellige styles bliver mere fashion og ikke bare praktiske vinter støvler. 
Der var naturligvis sørget for både mad og drikke, og jeg hørte en masse om både historien bag mærket (mener at det har 50 års jubilæum i år) samt udviklingen og videreudviklingen af de forskellige styles. Jeg skal i hvert fald have mig et par nye i år. 

Today I went to an event where Sorel´s (yes winterboots in June) AW12 collection was presented.
I have a pair myself, the classic Caribou style, you know the beige boots with lambswool. I think I´ve had them for about 7 or 8 years, and they are by far one of my best investments. They have walked through many cities and they are the only winter boots which have kept my feet warm. 
Anyway it´s was pretty cool to see that there´s more to Sorel than the before mentioned Caribou boots, and that they actually do a lot of diffent styles which are also quite fashion.
Naturally there was plenty of food and drinks, and I got to know a lot about the story behind the brand (I think it´s their 50th anniversay this year) as well as the continuing work on the different styles. I´m definitely getting a new pair this year.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar